Before installing the toolbox¶
Before installing the toolbox, QGIS version 2.18.15 or higher needs to be installed on the computer (Note: QGIS version 3.0.0 is not currently supported). QGIS can be downloaded from: http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html. Once the installer is downloaded from the website, it needs to be run (double click on it). Select the options using the Default settings.
You have the option of installing a 32-bit or 64-bit version of QGIS. To know which version to install, check which type of operating system you have:
Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- Under System, you can view the system type.
Windows 8 or Windows 10
- From the Start screen, type This PC.
- Right Click (or tap and hold) This PC, and click Properties.
- Click the Apple icon in the top left and select About this Mac.